Monday, May 4, 2009

Laugh when you want to cry

Today is just one of those days. Nothing serious has happened, I'm feeling fine, but a few simple circumstances have created this desire deep within me to sit in a puddle of tears for time. Call it self pity, overeacting, mountain out of a mohill syndrome (what is a mohill anyway?). Since I am at work, and since many people would not understand the reason for my tears, I will choose to laugh.

I can laugh at the fact that I have a dog that needs counseling. I could laugh at the bird that attacks me when I get too close to his nest. I can laugh with my friends and family. Yes, I need a good dose of laughter for this day.

Tomorrow will look better. It always does. For today, I will dig deep inside to find precious laughter. I also plan to talk with the Lord, who eases my burden and laughs and cries with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment