Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Something New, May 12, 2009











My something new surprised us last week. My husband noticed it first. These small black mounds all over the wood on the front porch. I thought it was dirt. He gave me a closer look. I was mortified to find out it was termites.

Termites are like something out of a horror movie. Every night while we sleep something is eating our home. They multiply quickly and take over. Our only hope is to call a local exterminator. They come out, dollar signs in their eyes, to rid us of the pesky little monsters.

Well, the appointmment is today. I am praying they have only slightly taken over. I pray our home is salvageable.

I am thankful though. I am thankful my husband knew what they were. I am thankful exterminators know what to do. Most of all, I am thankful we can't see them up close.



No comments:

Post a Comment