Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Laugh when someone points out the obvious to you!

I consider myself to be a fairly intelligent human being. In some circles, I may even be considered smart. Common sense, however, sometimes evades me, and I am left looking like...well...like I was robbed of my common sense.

Take, for example, the most recent time I ran out of gas (yes it is a frequent occurance but in my defense, the gas guage is broken). I was only two blocks from the house. I was able to pull up next to a curve. We were pressed for time, so I called Rob to see what he wanted me to do. He said he would just come and pick me up and we would head out to our appointment.

When he arrived, I got in his car. My question to him was, "Are you sure it's OK to leave the car here?" His response to me was, "It's out of gas, Rhonda. Who is going to steal it?"

Ask me about disease symptoms and cures...ask me about grammar and punctuation...ask me questions about the Bible...but don't expect me to be guided by this mysterious thing called common sense.

I have excuses for this lack in my life. I have too much going on, lack of sleep, Oklahoma is a highter altitude than Texas, I chew too much gum, I get too much sun, I don't get enough sun, it's too windy outside...

I am now in a Masters program. Among many things I hope to gain over the coming months, I hope a large dose of good common sense sinks in. Of course, I'm not sure what I would write about if I had it all together. I'm not sure what my family would laugh about.

Until that time comes, I will laugh at the obvious that I seem to miss. I am satisfied in knowing the many health benefits of laughter. Laugh with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment