Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My baby is 16!


How could I let this happen. Just last year I was chasing a toddler around the house, changing her diapers, playing polly pockets with her. Today she is 16 years old. Now I must face the terrifying 3 D's; Driving, Dating, and Dependence.

Driving: She is learning to drive, but has not yet mastered it enough to take the test. 2 years sounds like a proper amount of training time.

Dating: She has no interest in dating at this point, for which I am most grateful. She says she is not spiritually or emotionally mature enough for a relationship; nor does she have the time. Thank you Lord for a wise girl. If that attitude could last through college graduation, I would be most grateful.

Dependence: Dependence is always bitter sweet. She manages her own checking and savings account, does odd jobs for extra income, makes decisions about her classes, and manages her own time to a large degree. I know, however, the tug and pull of future decisions will soon be upon us. Lord, help me to be wise.


I'm still not sure how it's possible to wake up one day to grown children, but here we are. We are blessed, and she will be fine. It's me and her dad I'm worried about!

No comments:

Post a Comment