Thursday, August 20, 2009


December 21, 2009, is the anticipated day my very first grandchild will arrive. We were blessed to attend an ultrasound and see a live picture of him. OK, so we had to squint sometimes to know what we were looking at. The tech named different parts as she passed by them. Grant was kind enough to prove to us once again he is a boy. We appreciated that. I am dizzy right now from experiencing the circle of life.

Grandmas are suppose to have grey hair, be able to cook delicious food, and be available 24 hours a day. How can I be a grandma. I have brown hair (O.K., there's a little grey in there, but that will be our little secret), my cooking leaves my family begging for take out, and I am working full time AND going to school.

But...I am young enough to run and play with Grant, I am working enough to afford many trips to McDonalds, and school will not last forever. Maybe I'll work out O.K. after all. My husband Rob already fits the grandpa role quite well. Grant WILL have the best parents in the world, of that I am certain. He will be surrounded by many incredible aunts and uncles. He has another set of grandparents who are amazing. He has great grandparents who are still young and fun.

O.K. Grant, I think we're ready. We will all anxiously wait for December.


No comments:

Post a Comment